Wednesday, February 27, 2008

In March...Chimes will be a-ringing

So the project that began pre-production in the summer, with basically just me, Nicole, and Steven, is now coming close to completion. We burned a copy of the fine cut at 1am last night. We still have to score it and mess with all the sound and graphics, put in titles and credits, etc...and even with that, the project is not done. I am working very hard on publicity, to promote the project, especially because the current events about the Gaviota Coast right now are on the Santa Barbara communities' radar. This issue needs to be kept in the forefront, thus keeping our film visible and available to those who would like to see it, is very important to me. Our website will be up soon, and we are already beginning to talk about DVD productions and television broadcasts.


As I think about this project, I couldn't have had a better crew. I think I put together the best people our department has to offer in terms of talent and synergy.

I'm the producer "who cares too much" or as Annie calls me the "hippie producer," but you know what? so be it. yes, I will be sad when the crew disperses to other projects and w
e don't have Chimes meetings or shooting weekends anymore.

But we will have this nice funny piece of activism to show for it!

Go See it!!!!!

CHIMES OF GAVIOTA: or I've Got the Real Estate Blues
-along with the other Greenscreen Projects...

IV Theatre:
March 12th
7:30pm

Faulkner Gallery, Santa Barbara Public Library
March 18th
7pm

www.savenaples.org

4 comments:

alex t. said...

yes! even before we started the last few shoots of this quarter, me sarah and melissa were already thinking about how we're gonna miss all of it when it's over. but we'll have the deluxe dvd full of behind the scenes stuff, haha =)

Lshap Productions said...

u three if anything would make me cry...lol...but seriously.

get back to editing! har har

evan k said...

F**k yeah.

Chimes forever! I completely agree, this is probably going to be one of the favorite crews I've worked with, considering the size and scale. Even though we were a big group I've become tight with every one of you. I'm going to miss it but we'll all still have facebook and telephones and IV parties... hehe.

And I am so excited for the DVD. You have no idea. I'm going to force so much stuff onto it, even if I have to do it all myself. It'll be too cool for school.

Lshap Productions said...

after the 2nd screening we will have a dvd meeting.

I won't let you guys go!