Wednesday, December 19, 2007

look up, we're tiny

A song I can't stop listening to. I just saw Juno and her music is mostly what made the movie good. Aside is a picture taken while filming Dylan Jones' ranch interview for Chimes. Beauty of nature is one of the many things that make me feel tiny in this wide world.
"When I go for a drive I like to pull off to the side Of the road, turn out the lights, get out and look up at the sky And I do this to remind me that I'm really, really tiny In the grand scheme of things and sometimes this terrifies me But it's only really scary cause it makes me feel serene In a way I never thought I'd be because I've never been So grounded, and so humbled, and so one with everything I am grounded, I am humbled, I am one with everything Rock and roll is fun but if you ever hear someone Say you are huge, look at the moon, look at the stars, look at the sun Look at the ocean and the desert and the mountains and the sky Say I am just a speck of dust inside a giant's eye I am just a speck of dust inside a giant's eye"
- Kimya Dawson (I Like Giants)

Kate suggested that we take a look at this
and perhaps this.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I love this! Yes! Did you ever see the Eames movie "Powers of Ten" ? It's a wonderful reminder that we are all one universal energy.

Lshap Productions said...

yea I'm a big, "look up at the stars..imagine how far the ocean goes" kinda gal- a way to think of how we are all one yet separate components of this large collective space. I'll for sure take a look at that. And I'll link it here on the original post.

thanks for sharing!