Saturday, December 8, 2007

through the lens of nature

These are two of my favorite photos that I took of our filming for Chimes of Gaviota or: I've Got the Real Estate Blues. They portray the beautiful natural environment that we are immersing ourselves in. It's easy to become detached from the environment. These two photos make me think of myself as an onlooker, observing the human and natural environment in the peripheral of nature itself.


This photo was taken when filming the scene with Dylan Jones, our moral center of the film, the individual who has to decide what to do with his land. The sun was just setting and golden hour made this sentimental scene of looking upon the disputed land, even more sublime. Alex, our costume/prop intern, who is featured in this photo, and I, lay in the grass and look upon the rest of our crew finishing up the scene. Being there as the grass formed a chilled warmth of security, made me realize how the golden hour of the day is related to the golden hour of decision making to save Gaviota.

No comments: